I want to file a claim! How do I do that?


NATIONWIDE - 800-282-9445

BRISTOL WEST- 800-527-3907

KEMPER SPECIALTY - 800-777-4342

KEMPER - 888-252-2799

OREGON MUTUAL- 800-888-2141






Review these questions before doing so:

A rock hit my window and I want to get it fixed?


Call your BROKER not your carrier, a broker can tell you what coverages you have. If you call your carrier and it turns out you don't need to file a claim, by then it is too late. The phone call is recorded and any damage reported automatically files and keeps an accident on your record for 5 years. 

I was in a fender bender, major or minor accident?

Obtain all information from the other driver (visit our FAQ page for what info you should write down) and photos of the location/damage. Visit or call our office so we can help you with the process of filing a claim. 

How do I file a claim directly?

If it was not your fault, call the other persons insurance, tell them what happened, and they will assign you an adjuster and open a claim. If it was your fault, you can either call us and ask for help, or go ahead and open the claim yourself with your carrier (please be 100% sure) - they will contact the other person and handle repairs/payments from there. 

How does a claim work?

Depending on fault, we would call a carrier, go over the accident, provide any information they need regarding the accident, an adjuster will be assigned to you and they will contact you in 24 hrs. They will be in charge of assessing damage and approval of the claim.

Do claims cause my insurance to go up?

Claims regarding not at fault accidents and comprehensive claims (i.e. windshield only, deer, etc.)

do not cause your rates to go up. The only time you'd see an accident cause a rate increase is if the accident was your fault and that will spike your insurance for 5 years. 

I have damage to my property, what do I do?

Call us and report the following:

  • When the incident occurred.

  • A general description of what happened.

  • Location of the damaged property and what was damaged.

  • Condition of the home and if it is still livable.

  • If temporary repairs are needed.

  • If the fire or police department was contacted, which department responded and any report number.

  • Your contact information and the best time to reach you.

Do I need to protect my home from further damage?

 Yes, once it is safe to do so, it is your responsibility to protect your property from further damage.

  • Arrange for reasonable temporary repairs, such as boarding up broken windows, covering the roof, and removing debris.

  • Keep a list of any temporary repairs you make to document the damage, and make sure to save your receipts.

  • If possible, place damaged items in a secure area where they can be inspected. If you are unsure about an item, include it with the damaged property.

  • If you have fire or smoke damage, do not try to clean the damaged items. Sometimes cleaning things without the proper equipment can cause more damage.

If you feel like you are unsure or the below examples don't fit your situation PLEASE give us a call! We are here to help, shoot us a text, a message on our website, an email, etc. We want to make the process as easy as possible for our clients.